Friday, January 25, 2013

Depression And Diet: Suggested Foods

I have located the information my dietitian gave me referencing foods to eat that can improve your mood. Not all are on my transition plan, but many I can incorporate in maintenance. (Actually, if you think about my night grazing, I have been gravitating to yogurt, nuts, milk, cereal and berries. Interesting.)

Folate-sourced: Liver; mushrooms; green, leafy vegetables; lean beef; potatoes; whole-wheat bread; citrus fruits; peanuts; dried beans; wheat germ; peas; strawberries

Omega-3 fatty acids: Salmon; herring; anchovies; tuna; flaxseed; canola oil; soy nuts; walnuts; butter nuts (similar to walnuts)

Vitamin D: Fish-liver oils; fortified milk; herring; salmon; canned sardines; fortified orange juice; fortified cereal

Magnesium: Seeds; nuts; legumes; cereal; dark green vegetables; milk

No comments:

Post a Comment