Thursday, June 14, 2012

Victory!

I am feeling so much better today and I must relay to you some fabulous news: I had my weigh-in yesterday and I lost 5 lbs.! For those who have been following my posts, you will know that my average loss per week has been 2.2 lbs. This is a miracle! I have not lost this much at any of my prior weigh-ins. So I am quite pleased with myself and I am feeling far more optimistic about my Optifast program.

I had to go through that tough week of calorie adjustment but I have recovered as of today. Whew. Now, one thing I need to keep in mind is this is not a guarantee that I will continue to lose 5 lbs. each week. There will definitely be weeks with smaller losses and even some weeks with no loss. My brother has warned me that as he got closer to goal, his losses got smaller and smaller -- so I am keeping this in mind as my journey continues.

I really feel like I am in a "good space" this evening. As a treat, I got my hair highlighted and cut today. I was in the salon for three hours but I'm so happy with the result. My next indulgence will be a summer pedicure and then a massage down the road (when I reach my 200 lb. half-way point). I think it is very important to reward ourselves as progress is made. We deserve it!

Thanks to all for your support over the past few days. I made it through and things are looking up!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with rewarding ourselves for milestones in this journey. I bought myself the iPod and a pair of diamond earrings at one of my major milestones. Maybe I spent more than I should have, but it's such a huge deal! So glad to see your little car moving in your ticker ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooohooo, congrats! I really enjoy your blog -- your attitude and perseverance has helped me get through my own frustrations with low numbers the past few weeks - so thank you! I'm really happy you had a big week -- you made it through a rough week and came out on top.
    -Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a big week!!! Congratulations. I usually try to psych myself out before the weigh in, telling myself it's going to be a one pound loss and to be grateful for that. That way, my expectations are low. :)

    ReplyDelete