Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise!

Surprise!
 When Wednesday rolls around each week, I always get a little nervous. That's weigh in day, the day of "reckoning." I don't go to the clinic until 4:30 p.m., so I've got lots of time to worry about what my loss may or may not be. I do find that my concerns have eased up a bit the longer I have been on the program. But I still have that little moment of cringing when I step on the scale.

It's beautiful outside today and I've been in a good mood. I can't fully describe it, but I awoke this morning with a feeling that my weigh in was going to be good. I didn't want to jinx things so I purposefully tried not to dwell on these good thoughts. But they kept popping up throughout the day. Interesting. Was my body trying to tell me something?

Maybe that's why I was not completely bowled over when I registered a 3.8 lb. loss on the clinic scale. Keep in mind, my biggest weekly loss since I started Optifast has only been 4.5 lbs. -- at my first weigh-in -- and all of it was most likely water weight. Ever since, my average has been 2.2 lbs. a week. This is a wonderful loss for me and I'm thrilled!

What caused the extra loss? In a word: exercise. Yes, my Drill Sargent husband has me out walking and that is clearly making a difference. As you know, I've been fighting this for weeks. Now that I am seeing results, I am definitely feeling more motivated. And I did get those new running shoes at the New Balance store. Very pricey, but clearly the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. I love to wear them. As a special "treat," I suggest you buy some good-quality walking/running shoes. Worth every penny.

 I also asked the dietitian about the possibility of  "tweaking" my program, which currently calls for three Optifast 800s and two Optifast 70s a day. I wanted to be placed on all Optifast 70s every day, but she said I can have three Optifast 70s and two Optifast 800s a day, plus work in some weights, to help assist more with the weight loss. I'm happy about this.

Don't you love little surprises? I do. Really rounds out my day. I trust I will have a few more on my Optifast journey. Things always seem to turn out that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment