Sunday, June 24, 2012

First Shopping Trip!

So I knew it was finally time to do some shopping when the shorts I was wearing while shopping at Target on Saturday almost fell off. I am not joking -- the only thing that saved me was the long tank top I was wearing, which covered my bum. Fortunately, I was able to catch the shorts before they fell to the floor. Talk about embarrassing! (In a somewhat humorous way.)


I had been told by my dietitian at our meeting last week that my shorts didn't fit and I had to get new ones. But I was holding off on making purchases for as long as possible. Guess I waited too long!

There wasn't much selection at Target, so I took my friend Kathy's advice and went to Walmart. Good move -- not only did they have lots of choices, but the price was right. That's something to keep in mind, as I will be continuing to shrink as the weeks go on, and I don't want to shell out too much cash at this juncture. I must admit, I was a little bit excited. What size would now fit?

I was thrilled to find I have gone down two sizes! Actually, almost three -- I'm in that "in between sizes" range. I was wearing a size 22 pair and I fit comfortably into size 18, and could probably take a 16. But I don't like tight clothes at all, so I purchased three pairs of size 18 shorts for $36.00. Can't beat that! I actually wanted to wear one of the pairs out, but I managed to keep my shorts up until I got home. I then immediately donned a khaki pair and strutted around the house like a proud peacock.

I've still got a ways to go before I reach my healthy, ideal size (12) but I'm slowly getting there. I'm so happy today. And fingers crossed these new shorts won't fall off -- at least for another few weeks!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Peacock! So glad you got yourself some new clothes and what a wonderful way to find out you're down so many sizes. So thrilled for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete