Thursday, June 7, 2012

To Buy Or Not To Buy

Well, I've got an interesting dilemma. We are now at the juncture where my existing pants and shirts do not fit. Wearing the belts is no longer doing the trick. The inseams are off and I really look disheveled. Yes, this is a good problem to have when it comes to weight loss, but it raises some questions that need to be answered.

Do I buy a smaller size? If so, how long before those get to be too big? Do I really want to spend money on a new wardrobe if it won't fit in a month? Clearly, I've got to do something, but I've been spending a good deal of money on my Optifast program and I don't want to spend more needlessly.

I did see on the Optifast Facebook page a suggestion to go to thrift stores for clothes as you are going through weight loss. These stores are much more reasonably priced. It's been my experience, however, that I often don't end up wearing what I bought in thrift stores. I get home, try the clothes on, and something is inevitably "off" -- perhaps that's the reason the clothes ended up in the store in the first place. Also, the pants don't fit as well as I would like. So this kind of store may not be an option for me (but it could be for you).

There was another suggestion made to get my pants altered. There is a cost associated with that too. Also, let's face it: Retiring your fat clothes for new ones is pretty darn exciting! Look at me -- I am basically talking myself into a shopping trip at a department store, by ruling out all the other options. Typical! But a little voice is telling me to hold back, at least until I get closer to my goal weight. Some self-control is required.

The other thing I am noticing is my shoes are getting looser. I did not expect this -- but I guess it does make some sense. I am losing fat all over. Apparently, that includes my feet as well! What probably happened was my shoes were stretched out over time and now the more slender foot slides around. So we are not just looking at a need for new pants and shirts, but new shoes as well. And also, what about bras and underwear? That's probably down the road. What a financial outlay. Please don't tell my husband.

Deep down, I'm tickled pink about all of this. I didn't think about this "problem" when I started Optifast, and I find it humorous. It's a very pleasurable situation to be in, and I do feel grateful. To Buy Or Not To Buy? Maybe I could just peek into a store...maybe?



1 comment:

  1. As you know, I've had this same "problem". I finally decided that I wasn't going to alter clothes that are too big ... when they get to the point where I'm exposing undies or bras, they're outta here! So, I do buy a few things in the next new size but I don't spend a lot on them. Places like Walmart works great for this. I'm super excited for you that you're having this problem along with me too!

    ReplyDelete