Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Why Won't I Exercise?

After a two week respite from the clinic scale, I was weighed this afternoon. I lost five pounds, so I am ever-so-close to the halfway point. Three more pounds to go and I am there. It can't come soon enough!

I have made a "vow" that I will be more committed to exercise once I clear that threshold. I have fallen off the exercise wagon completely. It could be the hot summer weather but more likely, I am just being lazy. I know all too well that it is good for me and will facilitate more weight loss. I know that daily exercise must be a part of my maintenance plan or I could very easily gain back all the weight. My husband has been incessantly nagging me to go on walks with him, but I keep begging off. He is getting frustrated with me, and understandably so.  


So I'm nervous right now. Very nervous. I'm wondering if I need to find a trainer, someone to meet me at the gym and run me through the paces. I had one in the past and it was a very successful arrangement. Unfortunately, he moved and I have not been able to find a replacement. I think I need help. Perhaps I am just one of those people who cannot motivate themselves to exercise on their own. I hate to admit this, but it may be the truth. Darn it. Another expense to contend with!

There is also an option of joining the local YMCA to swim laps in their pool. This could be enjoyable during the hot summer months. I love swimming. I haven't done this kind of exercise in awhile and it could be a good thing to pursue. I will check into it.

So I've hit another "pothole" in my road, but I'm trying to think of ways to navigate out of it. I have to address the exercise issue. It's too important and critical for my long-term success.

No comments:

Post a Comment