Thursday, July 26, 2012

Halfway Home: Progress Pictures

Well, here they are. The first photos of myself I have posted on my blog. Top: Me before starting the program (239 lbs). Below: Taken today. Me just past my halfway point (194 lbs.).

Know that I am very shy about having my picture taken. I forbid the family from taking photos of me for many, many years. I was so unhappy with my figure and I didn't want it captured for the history books. My mother displays photos of her children and grandchildren throughout her home, and photos of me are missing. It bothered me, but I wanted it that way.

And now things are about to change!

I'm thrilled to report that I am now down from a size 22 to a size 16. Actually, I'm between a 16 and a 14, but as you know, I don't like tight, clinging clothes. I made sure to get size 16 pants and shorts with belt loops so I am covered for a little while. I also rummaged around and found an old bathing suit that now fits so that necessity for the summer is squared away. Now what do to about my tops...ugh. I am actually tired of shopping, if you can believe it! I think I will hold off on those. Sure, I look "baggy" but I'm going to wait.

I'm still on Cloud Nine from the 7.7 lb. loss yesterday. Oh, how wonderful it would be to repeat that! But wise am I. Back to my 2.2 weekly loss rate in due course. But that's okay. I'm doing just fine!   

1 comment: