Friday, July 13, 2012

What To Do With The "Fat Clothes"?

Well, I finally threw up my hands this week and accepted that my work pants are huge, make me look disheveled and need to be retired. I went on a second shopping trip and purchased two new pairs -- three sizes down! -- so I've got to figure out what to do with the old ones. Also, the shorts I bought a few weeks ago don't fit and they need to go somewhere too. But where?

Most would suggest throwing them away or donating them to charity. Sounds like the obvious thing to do. But something makes me hesitate. Am I afraid I will gain all the weight back and need them again? Or do I just want to remember how far I've come? Maybe a little bit of both. I'll admit I am nervous about maintenance after I'm off of Optifast. I know the statistics -- many, many people put all their weight back on within five years of stopping Optifast. I'm going to be facing a challenge, but at this juncture I'm ready for it. So maybe I can let the clothes go.

I remember as I was gaining weight, I gave a lot of my smaller-sized clothing away. I kept a few things, which is good, because I can wear them now. But a good deal was donated to the Salvation Army. I remember feeling upset because I liked the clothes and I had to acknowledge that I was getting larger. I was ashamed of myself and disgruntled about the money I had to waste buying new things. Boy, have I cycled through a lot of clothing over the years. How nice it would be to get down to a normal weight range and hold it there. This I must do!

Honestly, my closet area is brimming with clothes of all sizes and I need to organize it this weekend. I'll admit I'm a little overwhelmed, but I guess I should just start with one pile and go from there. It has to be done. And I think I'll donate a good deal to charity. What the heck. The way women's fashion changes, that's probably a good idea anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment