Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bless Those Blogs!

I'm what you should call "technically challenged." I fought getting a cell phone for years; I don't know how to text or take pictures with it; I have no idea what an iPod or iPad is; I can't fathom how you would go about setting up a website; I still don't know how the remote control works. I wouldn't say I'm proud of this, but I will admit that my life is a little less hectic without all of this, err, "distraction." (wink, wink)

Blogging was something I didn't know too much about. Before I started penning this one, I never read them because I didn't think they would have much to offer me.  From what little I knew, I thought they were mostly someone's musings about children or movies or music, etc. Little was I to know a blog could offer so much more -- wonderful support and suggestions on how to live a better life.

The last place I thought I would find Optifast support and friendship was someone's Optifast blog. In fact, when I started the program, I had no idea people were even writing them -- that's how in the dark ages I was. They were never mentioned in my orientation, so I just figured my Optifast "support system" would consist of my family, other people in my clinic, and the individuals I was starting to know through the Optifast Facebook page.

Actually, it was a friend, Susan, who I met through Facebook that first told me about them. In a private message, she gave me a link to a blogger who had been through the Optifast program successfully -- and kept a great blog on her journey. Intrigued, I went to the blog site she gave me and started reading. What interesting information I found! Questions I had about the program were addressed. Struggles similar to mine were shared. The honesty and humor of the blogger was such a treat. How thrilled I was to find this!

As I continued to read, I came to a post where the author listed links to even more Optifast blogs. Look at all of these, I thought. What a great resource! More reading followed and over time, I got up the courage to start my own blog. And here we are!

To the right of my blog, you will see links to the blogs I read most frequently. I recommend them highly. More than once I have gone to them when I am in serious need of support -- the kind only a fellow Optifaster can provide. When I am in my vulnerable times, they get me through anything bothering me, like cravings, weigh-in frustration, maintenance fears, etc. Sometimes I just need a good laugh, some inspration or a pick-me-up and they provide that too. Oh, God bless the bloggers! I'm so glad they are out there.   

1 comment:

  1. The blogs have meant so much to me too! I find that blogging is a way of not only documenting my journey, but also journaling as I encounter things I need to work through the weight loss process. Earlier today I was reading some of my early postings and was so happy to see how far I've come. I know I always look forward to see what new posts you put up!

    ReplyDelete