Monday, July 9, 2012

Halfway Home?

My clinic was closed for the July 4 holiday last week and subsequently, I have not been weighed in almost two weeks. This has me slightly intrigued with the pound loss results when I go to the clinic in two days. I only lost 2 lbs. at my last visit and I am hoping for something a little more substantial. I don't think I'll be disappointed -- I have that "feeling" I've shed some weight. I'm trying to get to my half-way point and that means eight pounds to go. I hope I'm close.

I start thinking about the weigh-ins about two days before they occur. Although I've tried not to let that scale dominate my thoughts, it does start to have a prominent place in my thinking as I near weigh-in day. I'm particularly tense right now because I want so much to hit 200 lbs -- that will mean I have only 40 lbs. to go. Halfway Home. Oh, how much I want to be there!

My last weigh-in registered 208 lbs. I've been on product for 3 1/2 months and if I hit 200, I can estimate (roughly) that I'll be into maintenance in November. It will have been a long road to hoe, but I can say in no uncertain terms that it will have been worth it.

Now, I need to be very careful here. If I let my weight loss hopes get too high, I tend to be quite disappointed if things don't turn out the way I expected. I've learned from many, many weigh-ins that my results can be all over the map. This is why I do dislike scales so, as I've mentioned in previous posts. They affect my mood and I really don't like that. But face them I must, because the numbers keep me motivated. The clinic told me I need to purchase my own scale when I move into transition. That is something I am not looking forward to.

So I'll try to keep myself occupied for now and try not to dwell on Wednesday. It's hard. But I'll try.


1 comment:

  1. I'm having this same argument with myself since I'm out of town and had to miss a weigh-in yesterday. I'm also little way (6) away from halfway, so I too am trying not to hope too hard for a good loss next week. I keep reminding myself that every week -fast or slow- gets us closer to halfway, and to our ultimate goal. And every day on optifast, we are good to our bodies and we accomplish something great just by sticking to our plan. Best of luck this week - you are doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete