Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Trouble Ahead, Trouble Behind

Trouble Ahead: My "Typical" Campsite Breakfast
Evenin' all. Well, you know there is that credo, "Best laid plans often go awry." And that proved to be true earlier this evening, when I convinced my husband to take me out to eat -- pizza, specifically. Yes, I knew that my weight was slowly inching back down; that I have an official weigh-in at the clinic tomorrow; and that I had a tasty piece of low-cal Chilean Sea Bass waiting for me in the fridge. I knew eating pizza would automatically cause weight gain from the sodium causing water retention, which always leads to me freaking out. I knew all of this, but still went out. So that's behind me now, and the scale is calling. Sigh.

Looking ahead, hubby and I have decided to take off this weekend for a camping and hiking trip down in the Hocking Hills region of southern Ohio. Our campsite is about an hour south from Columbus. Camping for us traditionally means eggs and bacon and pancakes and coffee prepared on the cook stove in the morning. After hiking, for dinner I make chili or macaroni and cheese, and bring along my red potato salad. Then there is some sweet treat later in the evening by the campfire. Oops -- there goes the diet.

So I'm a little scared as to how I handle all of this. Although I'm dreading the weigh-in at the clinic tomorrow, I am glad I will be seeing Millie. She will inevitably have some tips. This is why I stick very close to the clinic. If I were on my own, holding my weight steady would be very, very challenging. I'll keep you updated on what transpires tomorrow. It's late, so I'm going to sign off. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment