Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Power Of Positive Thinking

I had a wonderful session with Millie yesterday. We talked about my "anticipatory anxiety" with the upcoming California trip; my concerns about my current weight (160 lbs. morning weigh-in); and how much progress I have made in the past six months. You know, I forget sometimes how anxious I was six months ago -- all the pressure around Christmastime, and then in January, when I transitioned off the products. I have indeed come a long, long way. We also agreed that going down to 150 lbs. was really not a good idea. I'm fine where I am. I look great where I am. And I love my curves (and so does my husband!).

I don't think I give myself enough credit for how strong I have been in maintenance. To hold my weight consistently between 157 - 160 lbs. for five months is a heck of an accomplishment. To tackle my scale fear each and every day with my weigh-in is incredible and commendable. To be out there walking two miles every day is nothing short of a miracle. I'm doing this "maintenance" thing, and I'm doing it well!

I'm going to be ready for the California trip when we depart in July. I'll have more experience under my belt, I'll be prepared with some food I bring along with me (Snack Attack packs, Fiber One bars, cheese sticks, etc.) and my travel scale. Structure is in place. I'm strong and committed to my diet and my body. Optifast was a major investment in "me" and it has really paid off. So it's time to start living life in a healthy, new way.

I do want to get my weight down a few pounds, so we are going to up my daily fiber intake to 40 grams a day. This will be accomplished with additional Fiber One folded into my diet, having a high fiber (9 grams), low calorie wrap for lunch (instead of pita bread), and I'm going to utilize more high fiber legumes at dinner. Salt will be restricted and I am going to keep my calories around 1,400/day. This type of diet really works well for me -- I like how everything tastes, and because I crave carbs all the time, a diet focusing on fiber keeps that under control and also curbs my hunger. I should see results in due course.

So today I am going to praise myself consistently for everything I have accomplished. This is my time to shine. I'm focused, I'm stable and I'm moving forward. How about a big "High Five" for that! Have a wonderful day everyone. Make sure you do some high fivin' too!

No comments:

Post a Comment