Saturday, June 8, 2013

Some Progress On The Health Front

The best medicine of all!
A "Good Morning" to everyone. Well, the first good news is I fell asleep at 8:00 p.m. last night and slept through until 8:00 a.m. this morning. My body definitely needed the rest. As you know, I've been so, so tired and I feel more refreshed than I have for days. I am also pleased to report I got a 2 mile streak in yesterday. I walked very slowly, but I finished it. This is something I wanted to do, something I missed doing. I'm glad I just got out there and did it. It's so easy for me to slip back into a sedentary routine, and I really don't want to do that anymore. So I'm proud of myself for pushing through my fatigue and accomplishing this.

Another small "victory" I had was I started craving doughy, fattening pizza last night, before my husband got home from work. I had everything in the fridge prepared for dinner: a healthy Mediterranean chicken pasta salad for hubby (I've got him dieting now) and a piece of trout and quinoa salad with legumes and veggies for me. But the thought of an overloaded pizza kept tormenting me. Fortunately, husband got home and talked me through it, praising me for everything I have accomplished and thanking me for cooking more healthy food for him.

I saw that he was right, so I served what I had intended. As expected, the craving for pizza passed, and of course I woke up this morning feeling so happy that I didn't cram that fattening crap into my belly last night. So I'm on the mend and I should be getting stronger and stronger as the days pass. That's what my thyroid doctor promised. You know, I'm glad we caught this before our California trip next month. I would hate it if I got all the way out there and couldn't muster the energy to do anything. That would be a disaster.

I think I'm up for another 2 mile streak this morning. It's not hot outside, so I'll be comfortable. There is also a big arts festival going on downtown, and our little historical neighborhood is adjacent to the area where it is held. So we can walk over there and see the vendors and all their beautiful displays. Now, I've got to watch my urge to buy anything -- we are saving out pennies for the trip!

There will of course be the food trucks selling every fried, fattening thing you can imagine. That's "off limits" to me. My trick will be to bring along my iDiet Snack Attack Packs (either Fiber one with Ghiradelli dark chocolate crumbled bits; or Fiber One with peanuts and Cajun seasoning). And some bottled water. I located an old "fanny pack" I have from the 1990s and I will just use that for my "attack packs" and water and strap it around my waist. This should do the trick.

So onward I go on my maintenance journey. Things have been a little "bumpy" recently, but I'm making my way through. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment