Saturday, June 29, 2013

I Got A New Attitude

Yawn. My eyes popped open at 3:00 a.m. this morning, so I came downstairs, let the dogs out, brewed some coffee and here I am. Millie got back to me after I emailed her about the binge, reminded me this is just a "war," so now I'm polishing and loading my musket and getting ready to go back into battle. You win some skirmishes, you lose some, some are a draw. She also asked if I felt "confined" and the answer is, Yes I do! I want to be out hiking around the redwoods and out in the canyons -- I'm chomping at the bit to get out to California. Patience, Melissa. It is coming up in three weeks. The countdown has begun.

I think it was my Facebook friend Connie who shared this inspirational message on her Facebook news feed. I copied the image because I really like it, and it sums things up for me right now. My muscles are sore, but I'm working/developing them (finally!). I don't sleep well most nights, but I manage to always catch up on my rest over the weekend. Money isn't everything, and I do have everything I need -- roof over my head, loving husband, wonderful family, loads of friends. And most importantly, (and I need to keep reminding myself of this), I am not perfect, that's AOK, and I am now living a healthy life.

I knew maintenance was going to be challenging. I was talking about it all the way through my Optifasting. It was always front and center in my mind. And yes, now that I am at goal, I spend a great deal of time thinking about it every day. So much time, actually, that I can overlook all the wonderful things going on in my life right now. But I'm not going to beat myself up, and I'm going to stop labeling myself a "freak." I'm doing the best I can. My goal today is to really notice all the beauty around me -- in my garden, my gorgeous Basset Hounds (and husband), my lovely, historic neighborhood, and maybe, just maybe, I'll look in the mirror and see someone quite lovely and smiling broadly back at me. There is beauty everywhere. And I need to enjoy it.

I purchased some adorable work out clothes yesterday that actually fit me. I've been wearing my husband's sweat shorts and t-shirts because I gave away all of my shorts and t-shirts as I shrunk in size. Finally I have things that will fit properly when I have my workouts! I'm also planning on going to the thrift store and Walmart today to find more workout items and I need some jeans for the trip out West. So it's going to be a busy day, but a fun one.

All I need is a slight "attitude adjustment" -- to look at things in a positive way, to acknowledge all the wonderful things happening in my life -- and I'll be just fine. I can put this back into place. Step by step, I'm moving forward. And folks, today I feel good.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment