Friday, June 28, 2013

Another Binge

It has happened again, dear readers. I went to Target after work to get some work out clothes. And then there I was, steering my cart over to the food section, and grabbing a jar of peanut butter -- knowing I would attack it when I got home. Perhaps I got it because I was tired. Starving. Or maybe because I had a small fight with my husband in the morning, and I was still a little peeved. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm so tired of being restrictive and that damn scale. Whatever the reason, I ate 1/2 of the jar before I threw it out.

And I now feel physically sick and emotionally cruddy.

I'm frustrated because I never knew what a binge even was before Optifasting. After 3-4 binge episodes in maintenance, I am beginning to understand it better: extreme restriction, in my case, kind of sets me up for something like this to happen. I read about this in one of my books on emotional eating. I hate these binge episodes and I am wondering if I need to go to some kind of therapist specializing in this. Best to nip it in the bud early, don't you think? Perhaps I'm over-reacting. It's just I get so upset when these binges happen and I want the behavior to stop.

I took two Tums and I'm drinking lots of water. My stomach is bloated so I don't think I can get my Fiber One in tonight. I actually just want to go lie down. I really don't feel well. Well, tomorrow is a new day. The peanut butter is gone and it's back to my routine. Time to put this binge behind me, and move forward in a healthy way.


No comments:

Post a Comment