Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Seasonal Weight Fluctuations

Spring magnolia
I think I can say with some confidence that Spring has finally come to Columbus. Our weather is sunny and in the 70s lately, which does wonders for my mood and gets me motivated to move more. I basically "attacked" our back patio yesterday, pulling weeds, clearing out the beds, bagging everything up and lugging it out to the alley where the City picks it up. Our beautiful pink magnolia tree is starting to bloom -- we rescued it from scale a few years back, and it's doing quite well now. Hooray!

But one thing I have noticed -- and I'm actually quite curious about it --  is that the warmer the weather becomes, my weight starts to inch up, even though I am following the same eating/exercising routine. Actually, I'm starting to exercise more, so I'm intrigued as to what's going on here. Now, I know that my history has been to actually lose weight in the winter and gain weight in the summer. I know, it's strange, but that's how it has always been. Come to think of it, November and December were two of the best weight loss months for me when I was on product. The summer months were the slowest. Boy, was that frustrating. But as you know I made it through.

Regarding my actual numbers, I have weighed in at 160 lbs. for three days now -- the higher end of my "safety zone." My "caution" marker is 161 lbs. and I don't like being that close to it. But I am following my normal routine, so there is not much more I can do, I don't think. My body may just be doing its own thing, regardless of my efforts to keep it in line. So back I must go to acceptance and just relax about all of this. I am following instructions and being almost religiously compliant. What will be will be.

I did go to the department store today and exchange for a larger size some lightweight work slacks I recently purchased. I'm just nervous come summer they won't fit properly, and you know how frugal I am. Yes, the new pants are a bit loose, but I just wanted to err on the side of caution. I also purchased some larger tops at Target, but that was more so because they shrink in the laundry. When I gain weight, it is primarily in the hips and behind. Not my upper body. I just want to be prepared, and actually, after the constant shopping when I was shedding my weight while on the program, I just don't like shopping anymore period. Hard to believe, but true! I hope these new pants work, so I don't have to shop for more.

I have emailed Millie to get her thoughts about seasonal weight fluctuations, and if there is anything I can do to reverse the trend. Perhaps she can shed some light on all of this. We'll see. Putting fluctuations aside, I have been feeling great all day. Which has been wonderful. I will most likely hit the hay early tonight, as I had choppy sleep last night. I'm getting ready to go up soon. Have a great night everyone. And enjoy the fact that Spring has Sprung!

No comments:

Post a Comment