Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Back In The Saddle!

Thrilled to report I weighed in at 158 lbs. this morning. I am back in the "green" safety zone where I need to be. My body is flushed out and I am feeling so much better. I just can't handle that sugary/doughy/cheesy crap anymore. I think I can, but it makes me feel sick. So I am going to try extra hard to steer clear from it. I also took a "mental health day" off from work because I was really exhausted. I have been in bed for a good deal of the day, but I have just returned from a long walk with my younger Basset, Sir Little Legs, who walks at a brisk pace. I have my new yoga pants on and my New Balance running/walking shoes that have this crazy turquoise/"tomato red" color. I love them.

I did have a screw up yesterday -- and you may want to watch out for this when you get into maintenance. I re-set the MyFitnessPal and I think I did something wrong because it said I needed to drop down to 1,260 calories a day. I ended up only taking in around 1,100 calories before bed and I woke up around midnight ravenous. I had to come downstairs and have a bowl of oatmeal. Then I was back up at 2:00 a.m. and couldn't fall back asleep until 7:00 a.m. I did not eat enough -- and yes, in the back of my head was I'll cut things back a little to drop the weight sooner. That, my friends, is not the way to do things.

So I am going back to my normal menus that I have been following. I haven't posted my own recipes yet because I am still, at this juncture, keeping things very clean, simple and repetitive. Breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack never change. Breakfast is oatmeal (recipe in "iDiet" book); lunch is 1/2 whole wheat pita with 2 oz. light deli turkey and  1/2 slice of swiss and Grey Poupon mustard;  1/2 cup no-salt cottage cheese with dill; and about 10 oz. of V-8. Snack is a small apple and a piece of string cheese. Dinner will either incorporate a plain chicken breast or piece of fish or hamburger patty, and be accompanied by a salad I make from the "iDiet" book, or one of my cous cous or quinoa salads incorporating lots of vegetables. I'll post those ingredients soon. Then I have my no-fat yogurt/Fiber One/sliced almonds/and now strawberries (Hooray! I'm eating more fruit!) later in the evening.

We've got an ice hockey game tonight -- I am meeting my husband's boss! -- so it's our weekly dinner out tonight. We are going to the restaurant I know well, where I get the grilled chicken breast on a very simple salad and a side of roasted brussels sprouts. So I'm very comfortable with that. Okay, I'm off to take a shower and get "dolled up" as my husband likes to say. Have a great night everyone. And go Columbus Blue Jackets!

No comments:

Post a Comment