Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cold, Cold Go Away!

Well, perhaps I spoke too soon about this cold going away. Woke up very early this morning coughing terribly, and my chest hurts, and my husband basically kicked me out of bed so he could sleep. I'm amazed he hasn't come down with this yet. In time...in time! Fortunately, I work in a wonderful, small office and my boss is very understanding when it comes to needing time off. There are just five of us there, and when one person gets sick, everyone gets sick, so he prefers we just "stay away" until we are better. In fact, one of my colleagues is also out sick, and I think/know he is the one who gave me this virus!  So I just called in and left a message that I will be staying home again today.

I have been successful staying away from the scale at night, and I am easing up a little bit as far as worry about weight gain goes. I am still inputting everything I eat in MyFitnessPal. I'm over my calorie limit, my sodium is jacked up and I'm over the allowable amount from the soup I am having (even though it is low-sodium), and I'm exceeding the sugar limit due to all the fruit I am having. But I am not letting that bother me right now. I have to treat this cold, and I'm doing it the right way. I'll be weighing in at the clinic this afternoon and I'll be with Millie, so she'll be able to assist if I get nervous. Plus I'm sure she'll have some more recipe suggestions that can help me combat the virus. So that's good.

I started reading Jen Larsen's "Stranger Here" last night. I'm a quick reader, so I have already finished Part One, which chronicles the events leading up to her bariatric surgery. It concludes with her completion of the surgery. I'm eager to get on with Part Two, because that's where the "emotional chaos" really gets going. I'm hoping I can find some things I can relate to. I'll hold off describing what happens in the book for those who have not read it yet. I'll just say I'm really glad I bought it, and I can see a few parallels in our situations, even though she went the surgery route and I went the Optifast route. I'll admit I don't know much about surgical procedures for weight loss, so it's interesting to learn more about it.

My plan today is to get some sleep, do some more reading, go see my thyroid doctor, then go to the clinic. I think I am going to beg off from cooking tonight. I need a break. There's a local restaurant my husband and I go to frequently and I may have him take me there. This sounds like a good plan. Have a great day everyone. And stay well!




No comments:

Post a Comment