Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Progress Photos

Well, tonight I'm torn between crying and cheering. My clinic emailed two pictures to me today -- my "before" picture taken in late March when I started Optifast, and the picture of me today, nine months later. Here they are:

March 2012
December 2012


















MEASUREMENTS                                   MEASUREMENTS
Weight: 239.4                                                Weight: 164.3
Neck: 15                                                         Neck: 12 1/2
Chest: 45                                                        Chest: 39
Waist: 44                                                        Waist: 35
Hips: 53                                                           Hips: 41
Right Thigh: 30                                               Right Thigh: 19 1/2

What's so unsettling for me is my expression on the left. I am so sad, so miserable. Frankly, I had no idea I looked that terrible. I had descended to my rock bottom and I'm so glad I took the bull by the horns and did something about it. As you can see on the right, I'm smiling and so happy. I still have 14 lbs. to lose to get to 150 lbs. and a healthy BMI of 24.6. But I'll get there in due course. Guaranteed.

For those considering Optifast, or just starting out on the program, I hope I can motivate you to try the program, and stay the course! Stay compliant and the results are amazing. But let us not forget that the hardest part of my journey is yet to come -- maintaining my weight loss. But the first phase is almost complete. And that's something to celebrate!

1 comment: