Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas And Looking Ahead

I want to wish everyone the merriest of Christmases this year! No "White Christmas" here in Columbus, Ohio this year -- the blizzard is due tomorrow, actually -- but no matter that. The family is gathering for dinner at 2:00 p.m., and there will be hugs and presents and yes, food galore. But I am going to navigate that and let the cards fold as they may. I am fairly sure I am no longer in ketosis, but I will get myself started back on track with that tomorrow. I'm not going to use this as free license to gorge today on whatever I want, but I will sample what's available and do my best to not feel too guilty about it.

With a possible blizzard looming, my weigh-in tomorrow may be postponed. I'm not so nervous about that, but rather that I make my weekly product purchases on Wednesdays and I only have enough product to get me through to Friday. My clinic is only open Mondays and Wednesdays. Now, one of the fortunate things about my area is there are four -- yes four! -- Optifast clinics in central Ohio. (An indicator, perhaps, of the obesity epidemic here.) At least one will be open Thursday and Friday, so I can stock up then if need be. After all of this stress with eating these past weeks, I am so eager to get back to my products. They are "safe," I have realized, and put a structure in place that I need.

I've been going back and forth as to whether I should switch to the Optifast "partial" plan of a few shakes a day and then a meal, or simply resume my regular routine of full fasting with one special/restricted meal per week. I guess the decision will be made based on consultation with the dietitian, and seeing how I feel in the days ahead. As far as how much longer I will be on product, yes, I have been weighing myself every morning but I have decided that number doesn't mean much, because it's the clinic scale that is tracking my progress to date. Frankly, I'm getting fairly sick of numbers and the scale in general. It may be headed to the trashcan soon.

Well off I go to the family gathering. Merry Christmas Day to everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment