Sunday, September 30, 2012

So What IS The Problem?

Well dear readers, the plot thickens. I spoke to my thyroid doctor today and my lab results are back -- and they are normal. Yes normal! My T-levels are fine, everything else is fine. So what, pray tell, has been going on with me lately? I am seeing my doctor tomorrow afternoon so he can do an examination. Maybe we will learn more then. Needless to say, I'm a little perplexed as to why I have been feeling so run down the past week.

Now, it could very well be I have contracted some type of flu bug. I guess we can't rule that out. Or maybe I am just not getting enough sleep every night. Who knows. One thing is for sure and that is I am hyper-aware about my health now. Ever since I started the program, I have made sure to take care of myself and be on the look-out for any signs of trouble. I guess I'm more aware of my body in general -- and I think this is a good thing. I watch what goes in every day, and can see the results through yes, the weight loss, but also the vast improvement in my energy levels and mood.

I will continue with this "watching" into maintenance and beyond. My body needs to be respected and tended to in order for me to remain healthy -- and happy. This is really a labor of love. At least in my view. I like my "new" body and I want to take care of it. Before Optifast, I really stopped caring. Things have changed dramatically now, and I'm so glad I am now embracing this new way of living!

No comments:

Post a Comment