Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Welcome!

I wanted to take a moment to welcome everyone, from literally around the world, who has come to visit my Optifast blog! I am truly humbled by all of the visitors. I want everyone to know that I write not just for me, but for you too, and I am here to help you navigate through the twists and turns of the program. I remember how much Optifast blogs helped me when I first started out on my Optifast journey, particularly during those first few weeks into the fast. I had so many questions and my hunger was through the roof. The blogs I located carried me through some really tough times.

Actually, I am still an avid reader of several other blogs. You will find the links to them on the right side of this page. They inspire me, make me laugh, make me cry. There is such wisdom there and I learn something new with each entry. I hope you'll get a chance to go visit them. I know you will enjoy them as much as I do. I also want to give a shout out of "thanks" to Optifast friends who have a link to my blog on their own blogs. I so appreciate it. This has brought many new visitors to my site, that I hopefully can help. So thank you fellow bloggers!

If you haven't started a blog, I encourage you to think about it. This is a wonderful opportunity to "journal" your progress -- you can look back to where you came from and forward to where you find yourself now. At my friend Kathy's suggestion, I have begun reading over some of my past posts and I can really see how far I have come over these past six months. I am also looking for signs of emotional growth, as I believe this is very important for successful long-term weight maintenance management. I hope to lose the pounds but gain the wisdom necessary to live at my goal weight for many, many years to come. This blog is a wonderful thing to have to assist me in this effort. So perhaps you might start your own too in the near future!

Again, a hearty welcome to you and thanks for joining me on my journey. Deepest regards and take care.

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to put links on mine for so long, but didn't know how! Thanks for the motivation to fix that ;) I know my blog (and reading others like yours!) has done so much for me on this journey. So "thanks" right back to you!! -Tessa

    ReplyDelete