Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quite Unwell

Apologies for not checking in for the past few days. I have been feeling quite unwell lately and the reason for this is quite simple: I missed a shake on Friday and it has leveled me -- knocked me down for two days. Yes, two whole days I have spent feeling weak, exhausted, light-headed, almost "brittle." Fortunately, this occurred over the weekend and did not affect my work. I think I will have turned the corner by tomorrow morning, and everything will return to normal.

This happened once before, when I purposefully cut back my products because I wanted to accelerate my weight loss. Then, as now, I got very, very sick, and it is now apparent to me that my body is hyper-sensitive to any reduction -- no matter how insignificant -- in my caloric intake. I currently consume 582 calories of product and 20 calories of Jello. To restrict this further in any fashion does not bode well for me. Others could very well be different, but alas, I am not.

I also did not sleep well over the weekend, and that spells disaster for me. I need at least 8 hours of sleep per night to function properly. I hope for this situation to never, ever happen again. I don't like feeling this way -- bed-ridden and achy. It reinforces for me the fact that I have restricted my caloric intake so significantly that I must be very, very careful to follow instructions to the letter. I guess this is why I bang the drum so loudly that you should be doing this program with medical oversight. I don't want to end up in the hospital, and I'm assuming you don't want to either.

I am fatigued right now, so I will sign off. Thanks to those on the Facebook Optifast Chat Support page for your concern and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment