Sunday, September 9, 2012

Welcome Fall!

Fall is in the air, signaling that we are coming to the close of a brutal summer here in Ohio. I couldn't be happier. Actually, I'm happy about a lot of things lately, most importantly over my realization today that I am slightly over 2/3 of the way to my goal! In a way, this sneaked up on me. Time does seem to have flown by and I can scarcely believe that I have been on the Optifast products for almost six months.To someone just starting out on the program, this might sound like an eternity. But honestly, the months have melted together and I find myself here, wondering where all the time went.

For me, having my products every day has become a very comfortable routine. I like them, and I guess that has helped immensely with my compliance record. I have also never taken my eyes off the prize: my goal weight of 160 lbs. I will keep working towards that shake by shake, inch by inch, pound by pound. I just decided that I would stick to the program guidelines, soak up the information from the clinic, build a "support network" of family and friends -- far and wide -- and employ patience, acceptance, gratitude and the "day by day" mentality to complete this initial phase of my weight loss journey. It's worked for me. And it can work for you too.

My husband gave me a huge hug last night, telling me how proud he was of me, how beautiful I looked, how in awe he was of my strength to do this program. It was a big bear hug and it felt so good. I cooked a special pot roast for him tonight to show how much I love him and was delighted that I felt no urge whatsoever to eat it. I am content to watch him enjoy it, knowing that I am on my own special journey when it comes to food and weight. The pot roast is not for me now. But I can still give happiness to others who have no issues with weight.

I'm not sure when I will reach goal as my weekly losses fluctuate so. I have 28 lbs. left to lose, which probably means I'll be close in December. My brother was so right when he said to expect at least 8 months to get the weight off. A wise one, he is! I remember thinking how I could never make it that long on Optifast products. Boy, was I wrong. I'm succeeding, I feel great, and I'm prepared to finish this part out. This has been quite a journey, it's not over yet, and I'm positive struggles will crop up. But I'm strong, I'm committed, and I can see the finish line. Which is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment