Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Relief!

Pleased to report that this week's weigh-in showed an almost 4 lb. loss. So if you look at all the craziness over the past three weeks, I have averaged a 2.2 lb. loss rate per week. And this is what, historically, I have always logged. So I'm breathing a big sigh of relief tonight! As you know, that roller-coaster of big loss then big gain threw me for a quite a loop -- but I have good perspective now and I will be going on vacation with a big smile on my face.

I also had a chance to see a doctor from another one of the CONCI clinics who was filling in for our usual one. She is on vacation. We talked about my low sodium level and the prescribed addition of 1/8 tsp. salt in my daily soup and water restriction to 56 oz. per day. He said that plan was right on target. So it was like getting a second doctor's opinion, which was great!

Importantly, I spent time with the dietitian discussing my scale issues. Why I dislike them so. How I let them cause me emotional turmoil. She agreed with me that taking a "break" from the scale for a month by facing my back to it when I am weighed might not be such a bad idea. The staff would have no problem withholding the results from me for a month. I asked her if I was crazy, but she completely understood and made me feel comfortable. She didn't judge me or make light of my anxiety. Immediately, I felt tension release from my body. I'm so glad we had our talk.

So now I am starting to really focus on our departure in two days to Maine! I bought a two-week supply of products for the trip. I was at Walmart the other day and stumbled upon some Jello packs that don't require refrigeration so I'll be able to have my "treat" on my camping trip. Wonderful. And as you might recall, I'm a coffee junkie, and I have a fresh pound of Highlander Grog ground for a French Press ready to go. Mmmm...coffee at dawn at the campsite. Nothing like it.

Optifasting On The Road Again. Here we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment