Saturday, August 4, 2012

On The Road Again!

Seeing as we are a "fly by the seat of our pants" couple, my husband and I have recently decided to depart on a 10-day camping summer sojourn next week -- to Maine! It's roughly a 20-hour drive from Columbus, but we will be stopping at various points along the way. A whirlwind of phone calls for reservations has started and it will be a mad dash for supplies this week-end. Organized in advance, we are not. Typical!

I have decided this will be a full-fast vacation. I'm excited about it, actually, because I want to prove to myself that I can go on vacation, maintain my compliance, and actually have some fun! I will be purchasing two weeks of product to tide me over. This will include the bars -- I know, I know, they are a weakness for me. But we will be doing some challenging hiking and white water rafting, plus kayaking and I must have those bars to carry for extra energy. There's no way around it. Making a shake in a raft or on a mountain isn't going to work.

But I will be able to make my soup by the campfire, and sip a shake whilst cooking the bacon and eggs for my husband. And oh, that morning coffee. There is nothing like it when you are out in the wilderness. I also sleep so well. So does my husband. We will be in a "tent cabin" -- it's a canvas tent on a platform with a screen door, two beds with a foam pad and electricity inside. No need to bring our own tent, which takes up space in the car and calls for set-up and break-down. This will be so much easier.

I'm also looking forward to getting away from the weekly weigh-in for awhile. I need a break from it. My mind will be free of worry and I can get things in perspective. I am feeling so much better today than I have in days past. It's wonderful. This should be an exciting getaway. On the road again. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment