Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Night On The Town!

Tonight was a very special one for me. My husband took me out to a jazz show! He decided this morning that we needed to do something, get out of the house, go out on the town. He located a show on the Ohio State University campus and off we went to catch the performance at 8:00 p.m.

For once, I was able to go out and actually enjoy myself without having the evening revolve around food. It was music this time and what a show it was. I had a wonderful time. Before starting Optifast, our evenings out always consisted of going to a nice restaurant. That is how we spent our time, hopping from place to place, eating huge helpings of rich food. And when I was at home cooking, I would be making huge helpings of rich food. So we were basically eating our way in high style through every day of the week.

But tonight was different. To spend a night out listening to good music rather than loud conversations in an intimate restaurant was such a refreshing change. I am reminded, however, of the work that lies ahead of me when I transition from Optifast to solid food. This is going to be a huge change. I will need to have things to do that don't involve eating out at restaurants all the time. Fortunately, I have some months to prepare for this -- and see more live music and some plays along the way.

I'm excited to explore all the different cultural things my city has to offer! Yet another benefit from doing Optifast. This program is the gift that keeps on giving!

2 comments:

  1. What a positive outlook! Sounds like you two had a great time. I am learning the same lessons, too ... things have to be different if I don't want to return to the same behaviors that brought me here in the first place. Here's to celebrating the joys of life ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was truly a magical evening. We have been hermits since I started Optifast. Time to put an end to that behavior and go out and have some fun!

      Delete