Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cyber Support System

I remember those first few days when I was on Optifast were very difficult. My stomach growled. I felt lightheaded. I began to question why I was doing Optifast in the first place. Now, in my sixth week, things are a breeze but back in the beginning it was a different story.

My one saving grace came from of all places, Facebook. Yes, Facebook, a place I had avoided for years but begrudgingly joined after continuous nagging from a college friend in Boston. Wouldn't you know, Optifast has set up their own Facebook page and it's quite active. I located it when I was doing a Google search.

Before starting the Optifast program, I "introduced" myself in a post on the Optifast Facebook site and was immediately welcomed by several posters. Some initial questions I had were immediately answered and I was encouraged to join others on their "Optifast journey." Several people sent me friend requests or sent private messages introducing themselves. It was wonderful!

And so when I made my commitment to do Optifast and experienced those first hellish days, I immediately sought out my new friends on Facebook. I needed their support -- fast. And they were there for me. On the Optifast Facebook page, we've built a community of support, a place to go to share weight loss victories, some disappointments, exchange recipes, welcome newcomers and read inspirational stories of long-term management lifestyles. Friends have directed me to different blogs written by people on Optifast and to other Facebook pages devoted to liquid diets. There is quite a "cyber Optifast support system" out there!

I have the link at the top of my blog to the Optifast Facebook page for those who may not have seen it yet. I encourage you to go and read some of the posts -- and maybe post one of your own. It's truly a wonderful place. 

3 comments:

  1. Among the many wonderful people I have met on that FB Optifast page is YOU! You are always so encouraging and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto for me, too. I'm really enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I totally agree about all the wonderful support and am so happy to have found that FB page.

    ReplyDelete