Sunday, May 12, 2013

Rain Or Shine, I'm Making Time

Good afternoon all and Happy Mothers Day! Update on me: I have been diligently walking my mile around the park every day, and yesterday I did two miles because we went out to a special dinner later in the evening in celebration of my birthday later this month and Mothers Day. I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a tiny gain -- nothing to fret about -- and I am so, so happy.

We have had rain this past week, and the temperature has now dropped, but I simply grab an umbrella and don a sweater and do my lap around the park perimeter. I have noticed there are a few other people out as well, and suddenly I feel a "kinship" of sorts with them. Over the years, I would drive by the park and see many, many people out walking and running around the park, and I felt crummy that I wasn't doing the same. But now I have joined them and it feels great! I do sometimes feel a twinge of regret that I wasn't doing the daily "one mile streak" all the way through my Optifasting. But I'm not going to beat myself up. The past is over. Now I live in "today."

I did have a brief, little binge last week on some almond butter. It is very painful for me to talk about it right now, but I am reading my book "Runaway Eating" (the one written for middle-aged women), and watching a video Millie sent me, and that is helping. As soon as I am in a better, stronger place I will explore these isolated binges further. I know this phenomenon is plaguing many of my friends on the Facebook Optifast Support page as well. I am hoping the CONCI clinics can explore adding a psychologist on staff. Many, many people need help with emotional eating habits.

Okay, I'm off to "streak" then get my beloved iced coffee and do my grocery store shopping. Happy Mothers Day to everyone! Here's what I found for me today:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment