Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Picture Time!

I went to the clinic this afternoon for class, and also to have some official "after" pictures taken. I had my hair styled by David, and then came home to find something to wear. I was very, very hesitant to wear anything "figure-hugging." I have hid behind baggy clothes for a very long time, and deviating from this to wear something that actually fits me correctly is -- believe it or not -- uncomfortable.

But I threw caution to the wind and selected a slinky top and some black pants that are somewhat presentable. Except if you look close and see the Basset Hound hairs sticking to my pant legs. But I don't think you can see that in this photo! Actually, this picture is not the one that will go into my file. Millie wanted a photo of me looking "sexy" so I tried my best to "strike a pose!"

My husband had promised to take me out to dinner, but when I got home and he saw me...well, let's just say we had to order in. Glad that I've still got it after all these years (wink, wink). We also took a picture of Millie and me. She has been such a support through my "journey." I wouldn't have made it to goal without her. Thank you Millie, from the bottom of my heart, for all that you do!

And finally, for me and for you, I want to share my "before picture." I am always pained when I look at it, because I was so very sad and had a lot of self-loathing when it was taken. I was scared. I was overwhelmed. But I want the contrast to be seen, so you will know how far I have come. Optifast works if you work it. Friends, I'm living proof. I am healthy and happy and "free." And I'll be waiting for you at the finish line, cheering you on the whole way! The woman to the right is gone now. And she's not coming back. I'm smiling today and "striking the pose." And it feels fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment