Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Exciting News!

The infamous Yoga Pants!
Thrilled to report that I met with Millie today and she told me the Central Ohio Nutrition Center Inc. (CONCI), which consists of the four Optifast clinics here, is going to profile me in their newsletter! It will be both in print form and online. I am truly humbled -- never did I expect this. I rushed home to tell my husband, who is so proud of me and everything I have accomplished. A picture needs to be taken next week, so I am making an appointment at the salon next Wednesday to have my hair styled. I'll wear one of my new outfits -- a dress perhaps? -- and use some make up to take things up a notch. I'm so excited!

I am hoping my trials and tribulations will serve to inspire others thinking about the Optifast program, just starting the program, and those working their way through it. I would be ecstatic if I help people make it through to goal!

Before I arrived to meet Millie, I completed my second day of walking one mile. Of course I wore my new yoga pants and New Balance shoes. What I'm doing is the "One Mile A Day Streak" that my friend Martha in Arizona told me her clinic advocates. It really is quite easy and I found myself walking at a quick pace. Faster than I expected. Then I remembered I have lost 80 lbs. and moving in general is easier than it has been for years. I walk the perimeter of the beautiful park in my neighborhood. Actually, I was thinking about walking around twice, but time was tight today.

I know now I need to plan my exercise in advance, and that's a good thing for me. I am setting aside 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. for my "streak" then I add even more walking when I come home to walk the Bassets. Knowing that I am committing to one mile every day -- a manageable distance -- keeps me motivated to streak. And the upcoming camping/hiking trip out West in July "seals the deal" for me. I'm excited and optimistic and enjoying life!

I cannot tell you what a difference a year makes. I am so, so glad I stayed true to the clinic's instructions when it came to the products; compliance; and after seven months, my weekly "special meal" guidelines. I'm grateful Kathy "brainwashed" me about the importance of exercise. I also attended all of Millie's classes; made clinic friends and connected with my Facebook OptiDivas and OptiDudes. And I worked through my emotional issues with my therapist and in this blog. All of this added up to success.

So tonight I celebrate -- with my Pellegrino and lemon wedge. Melissa, you've come a long way, baby. Cheers to you!

 

2 comments:

  1. Cheers! Have you noticed how improved your mood is this past week since you have gotten more active!?! It is very hard to be anxious or depressed or whatever after you get your heart rate up and sweat! Yay YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - congrats on the feature in your clinic's newsletter, etc. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete