Tuesday, October 15, 2013

With This Ring

Celebrating 12 years!
Well good morning to all! I'm in a wonderful, relaxed mood. Two days ago, my husband and I celebrated our 12th anniversary, and I am filled with such joy and love right now. My beautiful right-hand ring was falling off and he took it to the jewelers and had it re-sized. He also found my "engaged to be engaged" ring and had that repaired and resized. He presented the "new" rings to me during dinner. It was a wonderful surprise!

You know, it's these little things like having your rings not fit because your fingers are slimming down that make the Optifast experience so rewarding. Having my rings adjusted just made my heart soar. At my heaviest, 239 lbs., my right-hand ring no longer fit and was tucked away in a cabinet, and my wedding rings were so tight they wouldn't come off. Frankly, I wasn't really anticipating that I would end up an entire ring size smaller when my full fasting phase concluded. What a delight this is! Not reflected on that darn scale. And more reason for me to encourage those on product to not get wrapped up in the scale number, rather think of inches shed.

I am excited to get back to the clinic tomorrow. I've had conflicts and been unable to get there for several weeks and I count on that clinic weigh-in for accountability -- the registered weight goes in my file, and I really care about that. I'm on the high end of my 167 - 172 lb. range, but I'm coming off of my anniversary weekend eating and I know it's the salt. I keep very steady with my eating routine during the week and only ease up when we have our dinners out. I had two dinners out over the weekend, so that explains things. But I know I'll get things reigned back in due course. I'm a pro at this now!

I need to discuss with Millie this "new normal" I have of 8-10 lbs. over goal. My body just likes being here. My mood is good, I feel like I have energy, I feel content. I'm wondering if there's some science behind this -- even though according to the BMI I'm on the low end of overweight, my body is happy. I can move with ease. My vitals are excellent. Perhaps that 160 lb. goal weight just wasn't sustainable? I'm not sure. We'll go over this.

Now, I want to be careful here and not deter you from reaching your goal weight. That is based on numerous factors, and I went over this with the clinic when we first set 160 lbs. as my goal. The day I hit this number was very, very special for me. I had full fasted, for the most part, for 9 months to get there and when I reached my goal it was wonderful. And when I think about it, reaching goal gave me room to put back on this roughly 10 lb. increase, and still look good and feel great.

Yes, I am so blessed right now. I'm walking a freshly-paved section of the road right now. It will inevitably get bumpy again -- no surprise there -- but for now I'm walking with confidence. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment