Friday, October 4, 2013

Weekend Warrior?

Not you again!
It's Friday morning, and I'm sitting here trying to draw up a mental plan of how I am going to make it through this weekend, eating wise. The problem is not controlling what I eat for my breakfast, lunch and snacks. Oh no, the problem is what I will eat/how much I will eat tonight and tomorrow night.

Let me set the stage: Tonight is the season opener for my beloved Columbus Blue Jackets hockey team. My husband and I always go out to eat before the game, to the same restaurant, and I know what I can order there that is lower-calorie. So that's fine. But when we get to the arena, oh those damn hot dogs...I love them so much, and I can easily gobble down two. You might remember me talking about the hockey arena hot dogs many months back.

I really have to fight such a strong urge to get one. When I was obese, I would tell my husband I had to go to the bathroom, and go to the hot dog vendor and get myself a frank and gobble it down in about 30 seconds flat so my husband didn't know. I wonder if anyone else has done this? Fighting my hot dog obsession is going to be tough.

The 'ole Surf & Turf
The second thing I am focusing on is the cookout we are having tomorrow night, Saturday, before my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes football team takes on Northwestern. I am bringing filet mignons wrapped in bacon (gift from my boss) and lobster tails. I wanted a "Surf and Turf" cookout. Now, filets are lean cuts, so I can manage to eat half of mine and be okay. But the lobster...who doesn't love succulent lobster meat dipped in drawn butter? Lord help me.

So I've got a weekend filled with sand traps and I'm not sure how everything will play out. I'm trying to keep calm, trying to remember that I don't have to eat everything on my plate. Have I told you maintenance is hard? (wink, wink) I'll fill you in on how everything goes. One step at a time, Melissa. Stay in the "now."  

1 comment:

  1. skip dinner out first, have 1 hot dog at the arena, and then tell yourself you can have another one the next time you come to a game

    ReplyDelete