Monday, October 7, 2013

Off Schedule

Feelin' dicey
I am finding that if I deviate from my established eating schedule, things get a little dicey. By this I mean if I don't have the breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, snack routine, I will start grazing at night and find it hard to get the brakes on. This has happened a few times and happened today. I did not have my afternoon snack and that put the ball in motion for some choppy eating for the rest of the night.

I'm drinking my hot tea now and chewing gum, and the grazing has stopped, but I'm feeling a twinge of regret that things momentarily slipped. I've put on a few water-weight pounds from my weekend eating, and I want to get that off. Grazing undermines that. But rather than beat myself up, I know to just put this behind me and move forward with staying out of the kitchen.

I liked Optifast because it taught me how to have an eating schedule. That was something that was definitely lacking in my eating life before I started the program. I starved all day and ate with abandon at night. Lots of people in my clinic ate the same way. We learned that our bodies stored that food as fat because they learned that we would be starving all day and would need some energy to get through the day. And there I was thinking the starving would help me lose weight! Wrong.

I have also had some emotions swirling around in my head lately. Some boredom, some frustration, the desire to "escape" some personal issues. Food had been a go-to for me in the past to get through these emotional things. But I'm working now to reverse that trend. It's a process, as we know all too well.

It's getting chilly outside which means I can start having my hot baths, which I love. In fact, I think I'm going to go upstairs and get a bath going right now. Sleep well all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment