Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slow Down


I have been very under-rested for the past week, and I think that is why I have been frustrated lately. Woke up at 4:30 a.m. this morning and ended up going into work early, but had to leave early. I came home and fell asleep exhausted, then got up and walked the dogs and did my grocery shopping for my husband's dinner tonight. I am going to try and go to bed at a reasonable hour this evening and hopefully I can sleep through the night. Fingers crossed this is just a phase that will end soon.

Also, my stress level at work has ramped up considerably. This is a busy time of year for us and it will continue up through November. So we have the job stress, no sleep, and frustration with my Optifast program, and I am now a bundle of nerves. A live wire. I am trying to practice some deep breathing exercises and that is helping a little bit. I have also been taking hot baths and those feel good. My goal: SLOW DOWN. I'm not any good to anyone in this anxious state. I need to try my best to relax and stay in the "now." It's hard, but I'm going to work at it.

I'm trying to remember that this phase will pass -- I will get back into my normal sleep routine eventually and things at work will calm down. In regards to work, I'm human. Mistakes may be made but I will always do the best I can. In regards to sleep, I will do what I can to get back to a normal schedule. And with my Optifast program, I must go back to that state of patience. I can slip out of it so easily -- and I really mustn't do that. The weight will come off. I will get to goal. I need to keep telling myself this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment