Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sayin' No!

All right, another trip to the ice hockey arena tonight, and I am firmly committed this time: No hotdogs! I have inputted all of my food for the day in MyFitnessPal and I am following my eating schedule so far. I have made a space for two small Tim Horton's 1/2 hot chocolate/half coffees, as it is very cold in the arena and I like having something warm. That is to be my "treat." Everything else I am having for the day is very healthy and well-balanced.

This will be a test -- a big one for me, actually -- and I am enlisting my husband to assist. I know this is not a good thing to do, but I'm still in fragile territory and it helps to have support along the way. I have also been reading back over my blog, particularly the very earliest entries, and it has really hit home just how long the leg of my journey on Optifast was. I fought for every pound lost, every inch shed. It was a long, long haul for me. I don't need that stupid hot dog. I'm strong, I know what to eat and I am not going to undo everything I worked so hard to accomplish.

One hot dog can lead to two hot dogs, then a breakdown for the rest of the evening. Forget it! I'm saying hell no, and I may go through a pack of gum but if that's what it takes, so be it. I am also going to do something that believe it or not, I have never done in the eleven years our team has been playing: walk around the entire arena during one of the intermissions. Heck, I may do it at both intermissions. I've just got to get more exercise. Enough is enough.

This is another critical juncture for me: either I really get focused and committed to daily exercise or I am going to slip, slide away right back into the sedentary lifestyle I so comfortably embraced in the past. I'm avoiding it, but I am almost transitioned off the products, I have full energy, and I know what to do. So let's do it.

All right, off I go to get ready for the evening. Go team and go Melissa!

    

2 comments:

  1. GREAT idea to walk at intermission! That should warm you up a little too. Have fun! PS - I really do think you would like a little pedometer. It doesn't have to be an expensive one - the cheapy ones work great. It would help put some measure on your activity and challenge you to meet some minimum goal every day. You can just wear it a while to see what your baseline is and try to add a little more each week (like your walk at the arena). Nothing major. Just baby steps. It is kinda fun actually ... trust me :) Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're hanging in there Melissa. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete