Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back In The Saddle...Again!

Hello dear readers and apologies for my absence! I have been on a trip with my husband, and it included a whirlwind of restaurants. You can perhaps guess what happened: I have gained 5-7 lbs. (it fluctuates) and this of course has me freaked out, panicked, and completely overlooking the most important thing: I had fun! So I don't want to forget that. But clearly, some evasive action is needed.

I decided this evening that I would like to go back to 4 products a day plus the "restricted" meal of 4 oz. protein plus small serving of vegetables. I need to clear this with the clinic -- perhaps there is another avenue I can follow. I emailed my dietitian and I am awaiting her response. I will be going to the clinic tomorrow to attend the class session, but I think I am going to hold off on the weigh in until next week. I'm very vulnerable around the scale right now, and I don't want the pressure. It's not going anywhere, and I'm very committed to my weekly educational sessions. So neither am I. The scale can wait.

One thing I have noticed is I feel "bloated" and uncomfortable physically. I know the products offer a kind of  "de-tox" and I really want and need that. I have friends on the Facebook Optifast Chat Support who have reached goal, slipped a bit, and followed this course of action. So I have support from them if I need it. Which is great.

I think if I try to look at this as a learning experience, it will put me in good stead. Perhaps it was indeed inevitable that I would have a vacation and gain some weight. I think the key thing here is to get right back into the Optifast saddle to bring things back under control. And that's my plan. Hopefully, I won't have too much of a problem resuming the product schedule. Only time will tell. But here we go again! I'll keep you updated on my progress.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I didn't realize you were on your trip and then about halfway through when I didn't see you posting on FB, I figured now was the time you both were going to New York. Even though you saw weight gain, I am thrilled that you had a great time with your hubby. You really deserve that.

    ReplyDelete