Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Change Of Course?


A time of reckoning
Well, I've been up and down all night, barely getting any sleep, because I am worried that after the Florida vacation trip, I am 15 lbs. over goal. I do not like this. I am very uncomfortable. And with Christmas and New Year's Day looming in the distance, I just see my weight going up, up, up. I fought so hard to get my 80 lbs. off and reach my 160 lb. goal. I was on product for 9 1/2 months. I won't let this blow up in my face. I just can't let it.

Fortunately, I have a meeting with Millie at the clinic today, so we can discuss strategies. At this juncture, I am really wanting to resume Optifasting again. I got up into my cabinets and I have extra product, my shaker, extracts, and even my Indian spices for the soups. I'm good to go. I can have my weigh-ins and measurements done at the clinic; interact with the other patients; see the staff; and nip this gain right in the bud and bring my weight down.

Actually, you may recall that I have toyed from time to time with the possibility of going another 10 lbs. down from my goal -- to 150 lbs. -- so I have some "wiggle room" when a little weight comes back. I'm giving this option serious thought. Total time to achieve this is most likely 3 months, given my slow loss rate. But I have shown once I commit to something, I throw myself into it. No cheats. No deviations. Following the clinic's instructions to the letter. I can do this.

Most importantly, my heart, my "gut" tells me Optifast is the way to go at this juncture. I'm not comfortable with my body, the way my clothes fit, my strange eating patterns, the random binges, just all these things that evolved when I moved into maintenance. I want a second shot at transition. And on a very good note, Millie is getting closer to the possibility of offering in 2014 a 12-week seminar on fiber diets and maintenance. I love fiber. It helps me maintain. Wouldn't it be great if I could transition off of product into Millie's program? I'd love that!

So my Optifast products are lined up on the counter. And I am going to have a shake this morning. Here we go again. Thank God for my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment