Saturday, April 21, 2012

Optifast Gourmet

And so, like the million before me, I have begun the Optifast medical weight loss program. I am overweight, obviously, and with that comes a host of problems like horrible back pain, shameful expeditions to the clothing stores for fat clothes, sweating and huffing when walking up stairs, and a general malaise that never leaves me. My reasons for the weight gain? 1.) I am a gourmet cook who never skimps on butter, salt, flour or sugar; 2.) I am required to take medications that make me fat; 3.) I am sedentary -- no let's be honest. I'm lazy; and 4.) I love to eat. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I've started on this to get the "real me" back. What is the Optifast weight loss program? In the United States it is a rigid, primarily liquid diet that, importantly, is monitored by dietitians and physicians. I wouldn't be on this program otherwise. I initially weighed in at 239 lbs. (I'm 5'6) and my goal is 160 lbs. An 80 lb. loss and reduction of 33% of my body fat. I've been on the Optifast shakes and soups for three weeks. Come join me on my journey. It should be an interesting ride.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! Very pretty, too! Ha, did you write out that scale thingy at the top? Love it!! You are doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Your blog led me to do my own blog! Optifast bloggers unite!

    ReplyDelete