Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Holiday Weight Coming Off!

Hip, Hip Hooray!
Excellent news to report. I weighed myself yesterday and I have dropped SEVEN lbs. from the week before. Which tells me some of that holiday weight gain was water weight. As soon as I got back on track and tightened everything back up, the loss started. Hooray!

Now, I do NOT anticipate losing an additional 7 lbs. in this next week. Ain't gonna happen. But here's where I stand today:

Current Weight: 178 lbs.
Target Weight: 170 lbs.
Original Optifast goal weight I achieved: 160 lbs.

I've thought about things long and hard and I just don't think it's going to be possible for me to get back to 160 lbs. Frankly -- to be honest -- I don't want to go to 160 lbs. because that would require just too much food restriction for me (or Optifasting again) and I don't want to do that. I like my daily eating routine I have set up, which allows for some extra calories at dinner. The binges are gone, I can cook and eat interesting dinners, my anxiety is in check.

Also, given the current dosage of medication I am on, I think it's impossible to get back to my original Optifast goal weight. And you know what? That's okay with me today. I've still kept a significant amount of weight off (60 lbs.!) and I'm very happy about that.

I also like my weekly weigh in on my home scale Friday mornings. I feel so much better checking my weight only once a week. Why didn't I start this sooner? I guess we just chalk it up to a lesson learned. Believe me, if the daily fluctuations in your weight are driving you nuts (like they did for me), ease back to once-a-week weighing. It is so much better.

Not much else to report this evening. Relaxing with my husband over the weekend. The weather should be warm enough tomorrow for my walking. All in all, I feel optimistic and good. Fingers crossed I stay this way!





 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! That's a great result. I have resolved to start to weigh weekly from this week on too. Well done, though. Hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete