Saturday, August 10, 2013

Paying The Piper: Post Vacation Recovery Plan

Time for another go-around?
Well, the scale has not been a "friend" this week, dipping and rising at will, it seems. Although I returned from vacation last week and immediately went back to my high fiber/low calorie/low sodium diet, things have not stabilized at a point where I am truly comfortable. Millie has told me I can expect to get back to my ideal 159 lbs. (I'm currently at 167 lbs.) by mid-late October (if I stick with my current eating plan). But that seems so far away...I want these 10 lbs. off now.

I have been flirting with the idea of going back onto the Optifast products for a brief time -- but then I remember how long it took me to get my weight off, and the frustration I had, and the blood draws and product cost. After a 9 1/2 month fast, I sorta like being able to prepare food I can eat. I like my weekly meal out with my husband. But of course, there's anxiety with carting around 10 extra pounds now. I'm uncomfortable. And I don't like feeling this way.

Do you remember when I flirted with the idea of getting down to 150 lbs. so I would have "wiggle room" to gain 5-7 lbs. and be okay with it? I've started thinking about this again. My average monthly loss rate on Optifast was roughly 8 lbs. So I could Optifast for two months and get very close to 150 lbs. All of this, of course, must be discussed with Millie. I don't even know if I can physically/emotionally Optifast again. And I've heard going on the products a second time around is very, very challenging. Many can't do it. And as you know, I hate wasting money.

So I'm in a dilemma right now. Time for another email to Millie. We'll get this sorted. I just want it done sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment