Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Final Countdown?

I report with great excitement that as of my weigh-in last week, I am now just ten lbs. to goal! I have had two weeks in a row of 3 lb. losses -- quite amazing since I am in the final stretch of this part of my journey and weight loss tends to slow down at this time. Now, I don't want to get my hopes up too much because I could hit the proverbial wall and slow down to a crawl. But I'm truly excited right now and wanted to share this right away.

I have been very stressed and busy at work, so my entries are few and far between right now. Things will pick back up after my vacation to Florida in ten days. The first thing I am going to do when I arrive is go buy a new bathing suit and some cute shorts. I can't wait to stroll down the beach feeling comfortable with my body. It's been a very long time since I felt this way, and I am going to treasure every minute of it!

One thing "gnawing" at me right now: As I was raking the leaves outside today, I started wondering if I should set a lower goal weight for myself. My target is 160 lbs. -- I'm 5'6 and big-boned, and I felt comfortable with that. Plus, I want some curves. I do not want to be a stick. But I am hovering in the size 12-14 range, and part of me wants to shoot for size 10. On the flip side though, I do not want to push things too far. My "normal" size for years was a 12. I don't think I've been under that since high school. And I don't want to be trapped in a constant battle to stay in a size that might not be appropriate for me.

Perhaps I am just being vain. This may have been inevitable. When you get used to continuously dropping in size over a relatively short period of time, you grow to expect it to continue. Time for another chat with the dietitian. So far, I have not fallen victim to the dreaded weight/scale obsession, but it could crop up when I least expect it. And I don't want that. I guess we'll just wait and see what is recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment